Tiny homes may be small but in our experience, there’s more than enough space to get the job done and feel comfortable at the same time. One sure-fire way to do that is to extend outdoors. An outdoor kitchen is a great idea, especially during summer. An outdoor kitchen extension can help give you a lot of space that you might need to prepare delicious dishes.
Why Have An Outdoor Kitchen For Your Tiny Home
Using space outdoors is a great way to have more space inside for your other things. The kitchen tends to be the part where most people are and it can feel too crowded to prepare meals if you have a lot of people over. A good solution is simply to move the kitchen outdoors.
Although it can be difficult to have an outdoor kitchen especially during the colder months, a lot decide to use and put them up during the warmer months. Also, those who live in areas with warmer climates can permanently have their outdoor kitchen.
Separating the area for cooking and preparing your food from your sleeping and living room area is also great. This will prevent all your clothes and beddings from soaking in the scent of what you’ve just cooked. It can help keep your tiny home smell fresher.
The Basics Of An Outdoor Kitchen
The outdoor kitchen can start from just a grill that’s improved and extended until you have a working kitchen. Although you can put as many things as you want in it, it doesn’t need to be expensive.
However, there are a few basic things that you should include and these are the following:
- Roof – You’ll definitely need a roof to protect your kitchen in case it rains and it will also help protect yourself from the sun. Some of your things may also get ruined because of direct sun exposure so it is best to make a roof or shade for them. It is also great if you have a wall or two to protect it from the winds. You may even use the side of your house as your wall and simply extend your roof to create your outdoor kitchen.
- Stove or grill – Your stove or grill for cooking can be hooked up to propane or other fuel alternatives. You can also choose to have a solar oven or a fire pit.
- Easy-to-clean surfaces – These will serve as your counters for preparing food. It can also double as a storage space where you can place your pots and pans when not in use. You may even use these surfaces as a table where you can eat or serve the dishes you’ve prepared.
- Water source – You need water for cleaning everything you used for your kitchen. You can a hose or just pails of water. You can also have a sink installed or you can also choose to make it simpler and use a plastic basin.
- Outdoor lighting and electricity access – If you plan to use a refrigerator, you must make sure that you have a reliable source of electricity for it. It can be sourced through your main power grid. Lighting is also very important to make things more visible.